Friday 7 June 2013

My Slow Food

I am very proud of my association with the Slow Food Movement

One of the most memorable highlights of my life was the first Terra Madre, which attracted 5000 farmers from all over the world including goat herders from Eritrea and llama farmers from the Andes. Mostly everyone was in national costume and my regional costume was of course a flat cap, check shirt and cords....no clogs though;-)

The venue was magnificent and was set in a former Turin Fiat factory and really, only in Italy could a factory be so beautiful! The event also boasted the attendance of Prince Charles, who recognised and acknowledged the continued campaign for proper farming, proper food and, pledged his support for our dedication to the ongoing promotion of mutton through the Mutton Renaissance.



No comments:

Post a Comment